Newsletter No 10
With the Jamboree now much closer it is an exciting time. The following may help your preparations.
- The Pre-Jamboree camp for all ACT Jamboree participants was held last weekend. Many contributed to its success and it was pleasing to see the fine tuning of arrangements and equipment develop over the weekend. The Jamboree and ACT personal gear was also distributed and the Contingent looked good in the ACT Contingent shirt before all headed home. See below for information about additional orders or any swaps that need to occur.
- For those still to complete the attendance requirements, now is the time to finish them. For youth members this includes camping and badge requirements, for leaders this includes completing the online induction module and ensuring your WWVP card will be current during the Jamboree.
- Now is the time to settle any outstanding payments.
Getting to and from the Jamboree
- We are soon to allocate people to coaches. It is important before this occurs to ensure we know about those travelling independently (either or both ways). We will be relying on the details entered by you when you applied online to attend the Jamboree.- If your arrangements have changed, please update your online application.- Please note the beginning and end of a Jamboree is extremely busy, and those travelling independently can only come to Cataract Scout Park after all coaches have arrived (on the first day), and after all coaches have departed (on the last day). Independent travellers must also be met at the gate and are not permitted to enter the site (unless in a leader role).- The Contingent will be departing and returning to the AIS carpark. The departure meeting arrangement is to meet 7am on Sunday 3 January, and the return will be to the same location at approximately 2pm on Thursday 14 January. A reminder and further details will be supplied.
Service & Activity Leaders
- For those yet to be allocated to a role, I’m informed confirmation by email is to occur in the next few days.
ACT personal equipment
– additional orders or a need to swap- By now all of you will have your ACT Contingent Shirt, and some will have purchased extras. There is now a small window for further shirt orders to be placed. Further shirts will cost $25 each.- Please send an email to your Troop Leader with the number of shirts you require, and the size.- Payment can be made by transferring money into your Jamboree Troop Account, to which your Jamboree Troop Leader will be able to provide the details.- Orders should be placed with your Jamboree Troop Leader no later than 5pm on Monday 23 November 2015.- The extra shirts are expected to arrive in mid-December. We will let you know through your Troop Leader how the shirts will be distributed.- Service and Activity Leaders can place their order with me, also by Monday 23 November.- We are also arranging a limited number of swaps as notified, if possible.- We also have plenty of ACT Contingent badges for sale to Contingent members. They will be on sale at the Jamboree for $2 to ACT Contingent members, or can be arranged beforehand through your Jamboree Troop Leader.
If you have any questions and you are a part of a Jamboree troop, please contact your Jamboree Troop Leader. Otherwise you are welcome to contact me on
Yours in ScoutingPeter Stevenson
ACT Contingent LeaderAJ2016